Welcome to February 2020, our month of FRUITFUL LABOUR, 1 Cor. 3:8, “The one who plants and the one who waters work together with the same purpose. And both will be rewarded for their own hard work” (NLT). In God’s vineyard, reward is reserved for your labour and dedicated efforts, not just for your availability. Whichever role you are given to play, “planting” or “watering”, do it until it bears fruits and proofs, because it is results that are rewarded, not just participation. Stop this your “Christianity-with-excuses” approach. The best of God’s blessings in 2020 are for Kingdom labourers. So, wake up!
A Labourer is one who is employed along with other co-labourers, to engage in hard work, and saddled with specifications and guidelines that will ensure a vision or goal is achieved.
Labour is hard work. It requires time, efforts, dedication and caution. In God’s Kingdom, there is reward for Faithful Labourers. But sadly, labour can be wasted, especially when people labour without God. Ps.127:1- “Unless the LORD builds a house, the work of the builders is wasted” (NLT). When believers exert energy, time, efforts and finances in tasks contrary to God’s agenda, it cummulates in wasted efforts. Many people will do “great works” before men, but they will amount to nothing before the Lord. You will not labour in vein in Jesus name.
2020 is a year of Harvest for the Body of Christ. Click Here to read my note for the year. Below are areas where we must labour in order to take delivery of our full Harvest package for the year.
LABOUR IN PRAYERS. James 5:16-18
Consistency in prayers in a strength and not a waste of time. Do not be carried away by the things you perceive, pray until you see the reality of your requests.
How to Labour in Prayer?
– Pray according to God’s plan
– Pray consistently and persistently
– Pray in the Holy Ghost
– Pray the right kinds of prayer per situation
– Pray in separation and retreats
– Pray with works of faith
LABOUR IN HIS WORD. Josh. 1:8
– Stay in God’s Word
– Study God’s Word
– Obey every of God’s Word
– Preach God’s Word at every opportunity
LABOUR IN TEACHING AND PREACHING. 2Tim 4:2
Commit to teaching and preaching whether convenient or not.
LABOUR IN WORKS OF LOVE. Heb. 6:10
Love everyone. Love in deeds. Be committed to helping those in need. Always stretch out a hand of help. Love beyond words. Your works of love will bring more people to Christ than your words of love. Give dangerously.
LABOUR IN YOUR CALLING AND HIS INSTRUCTIONS.1Cor 15:58
Do what God has called you to do. Stop copying other Ministries. Get the details and pattern for your assignment and sit with God’s instructions. Everyman’s calling is a goldmine; stay on yours and harvest the gold therein.
LABOUR IN PERSONAL DEVELOPMENT. Rom 12:2
– Commit to Spiritual Exercises
– Commit to Improving your mental capacity
– Invest in books, courses, training and skills development.
LABOUR IN FOLLOWING CHRIST AND THE LEADERSHIP HE SET OVER YOU. Heb 6:12
– Identify your spiritual family and stay there. Stop jumping from prophet to prophet.
– Know your Spiritual father, and no matter how far God takes you, stick to him. Therein is your spiritual nourishment.
– You cannot choose your father, God does. Stop chasing people that appear great but lack the nourishment you need.
– Know your teachers and mentors, and learn from them.
LABOUR IN DISCIPLING OTHERS. 1Peter 5:2
– Do not just win souls, raise Champions.
– Discipleship is the work you do to keep your harvest and ensure your new converts grow into maturity.
– Look out for young believers to help. Nurture them, do not castigate them. Babies will mess up, help them grow. Labour to see them grow.
The entirety of life itself becomes a waste when you are not living the life that pleases God. You may be in church but be out of touch with Christ. Return to Jesus. If you have never surrendered your life to Jesus, or you have disconnected from Him; then you need to restore your relationship with God. Confess this Prayer: “Lord Jesus, I am a sinner. I believe you died and rose again for my total redemption. Forgive me of all my sins. I repent of them and confess that you are my Lord and Saviour. I receive Championship over all sin and evil. Amen” Congratulations. Now you are born again. Please Click Here to inform us of your Salvation decision, so we can help you grow in your Christian journey.
I pray that from this month you will no longer labour in vain. Please pray for yourself: “Father, beautify my life with harvest”. God bless you.
Pastor Deji David Olanrewaju