Welcome to the month of September 2019. Our focus is, THE LORD IS MY DELIGHT, Psalm 37:4– “Take delight in the LORD, and he will give you your heart’s desires” NLT.
In August 2019, the LORD declared His Covenant Blessings to us in Genesis 12:2- “I will make you into a great nation. I will bless you and make your name famous, and you will be a blessing to others” NLT. We have started experiencing overflowing blessings in all areas of our lives and in this Commission. However, I must let you know that God’s covenant has two parts; the Promise and the Requirement. I often say that, the key to having God’s promises activated in your life, is to throw yourself into His Requirement.
God’s focus in this month of September 2019, is His requirement for activating and sustaining His blessings in our lives. God is saying, “Make me your Delight”. Two words in Psalm 37:4 are worth considering – “Take delight in the LORD, and he will give you your heart’s desires”. Delight is singular while desires are plural. God is saying;
- Make only Me first in your life, above all other things, Matt. 6:33;
- Put me in the place of First Priority, other things can follow;
- Do not muggle me up among your important schedules; I do not want to be “one of” the important matters to you;
- Take me out of the competition in your life. Give me First Place.
God is equally saying;
- I know you have desires;
- I know you have aspirations, prayer requests, goals and achievements to attain, with deadlines;
- Do not worry about them, I will settle them, Matt. 6:33;
- I will answer all your prayers: spoken request and heart-thoughts.
Abraham had to prove to God that He was first, above Isaac and even the promised covenant. God might have promised great things to you, but until you make Him first in your heart, your business, your family and all your involvements, you have not made room for His Covenant Blessings to flow in. Stop delaying His manifestations.
Only those who are jealous about God, enjoy His jealous moves.
The Church of God is in the Blessings Age, and only Covenant Practitioners will enjoy the blessings of God that adds no sorrow, Prov. 10:22. If you do not want to be a spectator, stop being just a proclaimer of His blessings, be a doer of His Covenant Requirement. Make God first in all things. Attend to His Business First;
- Win souls first;
- Pay your Tithe first;
- Commit to Kingdom matters first;
- Obey His instructions first;
- Serve His Gospel needs first;
- Attend to His servants needs first; etc.
He knows you have needs; He will settle them all. He has promised us, and He can never fail. Make God your passion and your delight. God bless you greatly.
This is a decision you must make. You must vow to put God first in your life. You must vow to MAKE God your absolute Priority, above all other things. It takes a declared decision to follow through. But the first decision to make is to decide to MAKE Jesus Lord and Saviour over your life. If you have never made this decision or if you need to restore your relationship with God, say this Prayer:
“Lord Jesus, I am a sinner, have mercy on me. I believe in you, Come into my heart. From today, I am born again. I receive Power over sin and satan. I claim Championship over the works of darkness. Amen!”
Congratulation. Keep winning in Christ Jesus. God bless you.
Deji David Olanrewaju